Saturday, February 28, 2015

POPPYSEED BAGEL with SMASHED AVOCADO, FETA CHEESE, AND PINE NUTS


ok so Melbourne, Australia has some of the best brunch I have ever had in my life. This was one of the first brunch places that my cousins took me too and it is called Manchester Press. It is located at 8 Rankins Lane in the CBD. However, since I don't live in Melbourne, I decided to make my twist on this wonderful brunch item.

- Firstly, pick your bagel. I opt for poppy seed but if you like other types of bagels by all means go for it.

SMASHED AVOCADO SPREAD

2 ripe avocados
1 cup of feta cheese
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup of pine nuts
1/2 cup of lemon juice
1 teaspoon of chili flake

To make the spread, smash the avocados and add the feta cheese and make sure it is all mixed up. Add in the lemon juice and teaspoon of chili flake. When everything is mixed up, add in the pine nuts so that they are equally distributed and add salt and pepper to taste.

To complete the dish, place your bagel on the plate and add the smashed avocado spread right on top. Sprinkle some pine nuts on top and halved cherry tomatoes.

To add an extra peppery kick, add a handful of arugula.

And your meal is complete!

Bon Appetite Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment