Thursday, March 5, 2015

MULTI-BEAN DIP

found on feedmephoebe.com

I have made bean dip a few times but I only decided to make this blog recently so I don't actually have a picture of what mine looked like, which is why I have cited a picture that I have found on pinterest. The recipe however, is from my head. 

INGREDIENTS 

1 cup black beans 
1 cup pinto beans 
1 cup kidney beans 
1 cup black-eyed peas 
1/2 cup of garbanzo beans 
1 cup lemon juice 
salt 
pepper 
2 jalapeƱos 
1/4 cup greek yogurt 
1/4 cup sour cream 
Cilantro 
chopped tomatoes 
green peppers 
garlic 

PREPARATION

- Soaked assortment of beans overnight.
- Boil beans until tender
- Once all beans are tender, blend beans all together in a food processor or blender. 
- Add in cloves of garlic, jalapeƱos and lemon juice until blended completely
- Add greek yogurt and sour cream until blended completely
- Add cilantro and sliced green peppers until blended completely 
- Add salt and pepper to taste. 

Generally, if you were to keep it casual as a dip I would suggest nachos, pita chips, or tostadas as a dipping companion. 

Bon Appetite! 

No comments:

Post a Comment